Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Welcome

Thanks for reading ModernJew!

I hope this will be a forum for exploring modern orthodoxy.

I know I am not alone when I say orthodoxy has moved to the right.

Let's discuss what the halacha really is. Orthodox halacha. Keeping all the mitzvot.

But dropping the humras (stringencies). Letting us decide where to draw our own red lines rather than rabbis.

Exploring what to do when two mitzvot conflict - perhaps you should break shabbos sometimes - but when? Or what do you do if you need to eat and all there is is trief?

So - please, join the discussion, post your thoughts, flame me, love me or just read me, but let's put Judaism back in the realm of the signposts given by the Torah and take it back from those who've taken it away from us.

All the best,

modernjew.blogspot.com

No comments: